PortData Validate FAQs
Account Management for PortData Validate
- Why would a company need to be a PortData Validate user?
In the United States, PortData Validate is the only authorized data source that companies can use to access accurate and timely phone number porting information to assist with fraud mitigation and risk assessment. For example, PortData Validate can help financial institutions guard against Account Take Over (ATO) and healthcare organizations guard against the unauthorized distribution of proprietary customer information. PortData Validate data elements may be accessed directly from iconectiv or through an Authorized Reseller of the PortData Validate Service.
- Does PortData Validate include phone number data from outside the United States?
No, PortData Validate includes phone number data for the United States and its territories.
- What are the different PortData Validate user types?
- Direct - Receive porting data to assess risk for yourself or your customers. Porting data cannot be shared with any other entities. For example, a Direct customer can use porting data to influence a risk score that is provided to one of its customers but cannot share the porting data with their customer
- Reseller - Receive porting data, process it, and provide that data to its customers, who are required to be an Indirect customer of the PortData Validate Service
- Indirect - Subscribe to the PortData Validate Service with iconectiv but receive Porting Data from your Reseller and use it to assess risk for yourself or for your clients. Porting Data cannot be shared with any other entities
- How are PortData Validate users approved?
Qualification for PortData Validate is based upon iconectiv’s review and approval of a completed registration form. iconectiv will notify the company and provide a Service Agreement for their signature. To be certified for production access to PortData Validate, the company will need to build to the iconectiv interface specification, and then schedule and complete the certification testing. Testing can take up to eight hours.
- How long will it take to access PortData Validate?
There are four steps before getting access to PortData Validate:
- Registration - can take one to five business days
- Development - the customer’s development to the PortData Validate interface typically takes two to four weeks
- Testing - can take less than eight hours after connectivity verification is completed
- Provisioning - can take two weeks and occurs in parallel with the Development or Testing phases
- What is involved with PortData Validate customer testing?
Testing is required for each core service functionality that a customer is subscribed to. For example,
- Notify service - tests the customer’s ability to load at startup a history file and retrieve a pushed file of ported data from the sFTP server
- Query service - tests the customer’s ability to request online updates for a phone number is an example of the testing that will occur
- When will PortData Validate customers receive the user interface specs?
Customers will receive the Interface Specification document along with other detailed information about the services offered after the Non-Disclosure Agreement is signed and returned.
- How does PortData Validate testing begin?
Customers can call +1 844-711-4871 or email PortDataValidate@iconectiv.numberportability.com to schedule the next available testing time slot and receive the Testing Technical Provisioning form and the Test Plan document.
- How long will PortData Validate testing take?
Excluding connectivity verification, the actual time required for testing is expected to be less than eight hours.
Billing for PortData Validate
- Do PortData Validate accounts automatically renew each year?
PortData Validate customers must renew the service and pay the applicable annual subscription fee. To simplify the process, customers will receive the required renewal documentation in advance of the renewal date of their Service Agreement.
- Can PortData Validate Resellers renew service on behalf of their customers?
No, all PortData Validate customers must renew their access to the service directly through iconectiv.
- Can PortData Validate Resellers have their Indirect Customers’ service fees billed through them?
Yes, Resellers may elect to have the Indirect Customer service fees billed through them.
- How do PortData Validate customers receive and pay bills?
Customers will receive a bill via email. Instructions for Check Remittance or Wire Transfer will be at the bottom of the Invoice.
- Can PortData Validate users resell the data?
Resellers may resell the data to their customers, who are Indirect customers of the PortData Validate Service. Direct or Indirect customers are authorized to use the data for their own purposes and may not resell any data from the service to any other entity.
- How often is PortData Validate data updated?
Number porting changes are sent directly to customers via a Restful API. The data will be sent at an interval chosen by the customer. Some may choose to receive it every few hours, others may choose to receive it every minute.