PortData Comply FAQs
Account Management for PortData Comply Users
- How can PortData Comply users find login information to access the files in the PortData Comply portal?
Users who cannot find login information can email PortDataComply@iconectiv.numberportability.com or call the Help Desk at: +1 844-411-9362.
- Once registered as a PortData Comply customer, when will access to the files be granted?
Access to the files will be granted once iconectiv countersigns the Service Agreement.
- Does a PortData Comply subscription cover affiliates (i.e., subsidiaries, parent company, etc.)?
No. Rights to the service are limited to each legal entity that purchases a subscription. A “Customer” does not include any affiliates of such entity. Any affiliate of a Customer that desires access to the Service must qualify as a Customer, in accordance with Article 5 (Qualification) of the iconectiv Wireless Do Not Call Service Agreement and execute its own Agreement.
- Does a company that wants to provision multiple database systems need more than one PortData Comply subscription?
Yes. A separate subscription (and the corresponding fee) is required for each database provisioned.
A “Database” means a single aggregation of data records or files containing the Intermodal Ports that make up the Service provided under this Agreement. If a Customer (a) aggregates data from the Service into a single Database, and (b) allows multiple entities to access data from the Service in such a Database, then such Customer is considered a Reseller, and those receiving such data from such Reseller are Second Tier Customers, as defined in Section 5.2 of the WDNC Service Agreement.
- How are PortData Comply users billed and how do they pay?
Users will receive an email that an invoice is available. Users can then login to an online payment portal to view and pay the invoice(s). Users who are unable to find their log in information to pay their invoice can email PortDataComplyBilling@iconectiv.numberportability.com or call the Billing team at 844-325-4193.
- Does the PortData Comply account automatically renew each year?
PortData Comply customers must renew the service and pay the applicable annual subscription fee each year. To simplify the process, customers will receive an email with the required renewal documentation (Service Agreement and the Annual Continued Qualification Letter) in advance of the renewal date of their Service Agreement.
- Can PortData Comply users resell the data?
Per the terms and conditions of the Service Agreement, the PortData Comply service limits Resellers to one level of resale. Reseller customers may resell to a Second Tier customer, but the Second Tier customer may not then resell any data from the service nor can they flag, scrub or identify wireless ported telephone numbers and provide the results to its customers.
- Is a PortData Comply user reselling the Service if they only make calls on behalf of their customers?
No. As a Direct Customer, calls made on behalf of their company and/or on behalf of their customers would not be considered reselling the data as long as they do not sell, assign, lease, or otherwise disclose the data that comprises the service.
- Is a PortData Comply user reselling the Service if all that the company does is scrub telephone number lists for their customers?
Yes. If a company scrubs lists on behalf of their customers and advises those customers of whether a telephone number is wireless or wireline, then that is considered to be a reseller of the service. In that situation, a company must register for the PortData Comply service, and all of their customers must register as Second Tier Customers.
- If Is a PortData Comply users make telephone calls on behalf of a client to generate sales leads (or something similar), can they disclose the results of the calls to their client, including the telephone numbers?
A Direct Customer may disclose to its clients the results of calls it makes on behalf of those clients (e.g., leads generated, survey results, applications for products/services, etc.), including the associated telephone numbers. The Direct Customer cannot simply provide confirmation to its client that a telephone number was ported to a wireless telephone number, as that would constitute a "disclosure" to an entity that has not executed an agreement with iconectiv as a customer of a Reseller. In this instance, a client would be required to register with iconectiv and execute its own Service Agreement.
- Can PortData Comply Resellers renew the service on behalf of their Second Tier customers?
An Annual Continued Qualification (ACQ) Letter and the WDNC Service Agreement is required for each Second Tier Customer. If a Letter of Agency was executed by the reseller and its Second Tier customer, the Reseller may execute and return both the Service Agreement and ACQ on their behalf. If a Reseller does not have an executed Letter of Agency, the Second Tier customer must sign and return the ACQ letter and Service Agreement themselves.
- If a registered Direct customer changes their status to a Reseller customer, does their status change?
Yes, a company must re-register as a Reseller customer. As Second Tier customers are acquired, each of those customers will also be required to register with iconectiv.
- How are the PortData Comply files formatted and provided?
Files are provided in ASCII file format. Files can either be accessed via the WDNC Portal or via the sFTP.
- How often can a PortData Comply user access the files?
The files are updated once per day and users may access them as often as they would like. Downloads are unlimited.
- How often are the Port Data Comply files updated?
There are four files generated daily:
- Wireline to wireless ports – no ranges
- Wireline to wireless ports – with ranges
- Wireless to wireline ports – no ranges
- Wireless to wireline ports – with ranges
- Are archive files available to PortData Comply users?
Archive (compressed) files are generated daily and accessible for download by authorized PortData Comply customers. They are accessible from either the Portal or the sFTP server. One archive file is generated per day that contains the four files for that day. This file is accessible from the Portal or the sFTP server for the duration of the LNPA contract. There is no single archive file that includes the archive files for the past 365 days.